Sunday, March 02, 2008

Don't Want No Short (Track) Man

And now for something completely different: a song that's under three minutes long!

Mr Sniggle's House (Instrumental)

This one's written as the beat for an MC to flow over (as we say in the biz), hence the "Instrumental" caveat. If I can't get someone to throw down in the next few weeks, I might temporarily layer an existing acapella to give it the proper feel- we'll see. As it stands, it's a no-frills, to-the-point track that ain't gonna hurt nobody.

In other news, my long-delayed demo will finally be hitting the mailbox next week! After endless delays and deliberations, I've put together a CD label and tracklist that I think is representative of what I do. Here it is (phone number removed for internet safety):


And the tracklist will be:

  • It's Come To This
  • Forever And Never Again
  • Undelayed By Reflection
  • From A Platform Above

I'm still not expecting anything to come of these, but it's going to feel damn good to say I finally tried. Wish me luck!

P.S. New (full-length) track almost finished! Watch this space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck JB! I'm sure that someone you send your work to will want to unveil it to the world. :)

John Brian said...

Thanks Shoba! Regardless of what the labels think, at least I made the right choices in friendship! =)