Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Risen From The Ashes

... of the working world! These days I'm splitting my time between thirty hours a week at work (poor me), weekly band practice with Nick and Johnny D (for a future project TBA), and good 'ole Nonagon. It's working out pretty well so far- I feel more driven and productive during the time I have for music, and so far I'm not feeling overly oppressed by life on the job. Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that things stay that way!

On the music front, I've decided to group my work from 2007 into an album and move on. It's cathartic to put it out there as a single thing- I learned a lot, but now it's time to go forward to more focused (and hopefully better) things. The album is called "Days Away." What becomes of it is currently unknown.

On the topic of moving forward, though, here's a little something for the stereo:

Forever And Never Again (Instrumental)

This one's actually intended for vocals, but until I get those pulled together I think the instrumental stands fairly well on its own. First track of 2008! I'm pretty proud of it, and I think it's yet another step closer to my elusive "sound." Comments welcome as always- have at it!

1 comment:

Sowmya said...

Interesting piece.