Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Tidbit

It's a blog exclusive!

I haven't really been sure what to do with this little piano-centric piece I put together a while ago; it's been sitting mostly finished on my hard drive for a few months now, but in characteristic me fashion I've been having a tough time calling it "done." Because so much of the expressiveness of the piano is based on the nuance of the pianist (which I'm not), it was a tedious and sometimes frustrating job faking my way through, which I think contributed to my hesitance. In the interests of overcoming self-imposed adversity, though, I think it's time to let this one out of the bag, at least for the few people who still follow this journal. So here you go:

Goodbye Goliath

Despite my best efforts I still don't think I'm ready to post this one to the assorted Nonagon streaming sites (at page right), so for now we'll just let this be between the two of us, OK? I'm particularly interested in any feedback on this one, though, since it's so far from what I normally put out. Fire away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As with your other songs, this piece has a great variation on a theme going on. Although the general mood of the song is somewhat "Poe"-esque (as is, Edgar Allen...) minor key tragic and whatnot, I think it would add an interesting element to have a major key resolution either at the very end or close to it. I was somewhat confused at around 1:20 into the track when everything seemed to fade out just a bit too much. It made it feel like the song was ending prematurely, although I liked the volume boost that follows. Almost mimicking the flow of the ocean.

I liked it a lot, and it conveys a softer and somewhat isolated feeling.

D. said...

I really like this one, very simple moody, etc. Not much to say, other than you end it with the ocean resolution, but I would rather hear the more sinister "tunnel" sound as the ending, and stretch it out make it really sinister. Just a thought.