Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Score!

Quick life summary: New Mexico was great, Burning Man was... well, something indescribable.  Jess is tragically back in Chicago for school, and now I'm home again, hosting my German friends for a few days.  I've been listening to a lot of good new (and old) music just as I had hoped to, and I'm feeling inspired and ready to get back into the swing of things.

Update complete!

Now, what I actually wanted to write about was an incredible short score that CDM linked today- it's just one scene, but it's beautiful and perfect and sets a tone (literally and figuratively) that really resonates with me (figuratively, though I haven't turned it up loud enough to see if it might resonate with me literally as well).

The scene is from the Jean-Luc Godard film Vivre sa Vie (which I haven't seen), and the replacement score was composed by Estesvan Carlos Benson.  More details at the original post, but for now, have a look:


That's what I call a soundtrack!

More updates (and hopefully new music) coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is where we start to blur the line between godard and lynch. i like. very nice.