Friday, March 11, 2011

First Amazon.com Fundraiser Results

Back at the end of December 2010 I launched a last-second effort to turn money from an Amazon.com promotion into a donation to one of my favorite charities, Project Open Hand.  I've just now received the results of that effort in the form of a statement from my distributor, CD Baby: we managed to raise $43.50.  Less than I had hoped, but a lot more than nothing.

I just made a $43.50 donation via P.O.H.'s website; here's as much confirmation as I can offer:
Greetings from Project Open Hand!

Thank you so much for your donation. You should know that your support helps feed over 7,100 people each year. 

In order to save money on postage and paper, please accept this as official acknowledgment of your donation. 

Merchant: Project Open Hand

Order ID: VXJE6E63842B
Order Placed: Friday, March 11, 2011 03:23:03 PM PDT

Amount of Transaction: $43.50
Payment Type: MasterCard
Of course, this was only a first attempt.  Last month I launched BenevolentBeats.org with a cadre of like-minded artists to take advantage of a repeat promotion, and in a couple months we should know the results of that effort.  You can be sure I'll post here (and there) as soon as we find out.

No comments: