Sunday, November 02, 2008

Angst: So Hot Right Now

When it comes to this performance shit, I've become a certifiable manic-depressive. And this, unfortunately, has not been one of my better days.

I want to know how I should be doing this. I'm tired of re-rendering, re-interpreting, re-arranging, and re-starting everything a hundred times. I'm tired of re-inventing the wheel. I'm tired of these songs. And more than anything I'm tired of feeling overwhelmed.

When things click I feel natural and connected and inspired. I want to feel that on stage, but there are so many options and so few guidelines. And so much preparation.

Note to self: some people have real problems.

2 comments:

Jonathan Stout said...

Welcome to being a musician - where practicing is not always fun, and its a whole hell of a lot harder when you aren't inspired. I picked up my guitar the other day strummed around for like 3 minutes and put it down because nothing useful has happening.

Sarah said...

Don't let performance anxiety get to you. Don't worry, its totally common. It happens to EVERY guy at some point. Really, its not a big deal.