Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Sure Been A While

... since I've posted anything about new Nonagon tracks. The sad reality is that this dearth of details is due to a dismal (and damned near disgraceful) deficit of creative days. Most of my "me time" these past few weeks- nay, months!- has been devoted to getting everything ready for my little album "release," and working on the perpetual performance problem (holy crap, I just out-alliterated myself! That one's a keeper. I'll call it "The P^3."). These are good things to be busy with, but I feel like it's been just about forever since I finished a new song. Oh wait- it has been just about forever since I finished a new song! Really considering tightening my belt and going for a twenty-hour work week next year...

This is, of course, not to say that I've done nothing on the new music front since May. I actually have quite a few song stubs that I'm pretty enthusiastic about, I just haven't had the time to go full-bore into any of them yet (or at least I don't feel like I have). I will say this much: they are different from most of what you've heard out of me up to this point. One of the biggest reasons I've been so adamant about getting this album thing finished is that I'm dying to put a period on my work thus far and free myself psychologically to experiment with some new things. Nonagon '07, full stop. The feeling of being very "done" with my existing tracks has spilled into The P^3 too, to the point that my next performance (November 7th, Unknown Theater, Hollywood, CA- mark your calendar) will be a complete deconstruction of everything you've heard up until now. OK, I didn't really mean for that to sound quite so dramatic, but you'll see. Or hear. Or at least hear about. From me. After the fact, and probably a little before too. Such is the way "I roll."

Want to know how weird and different these mysterious new songs are? Wait for it... Waaaait for it...

Every one of them will have lyrics. *Gasp*

I don't know why, but in the little moments I steal away for new production these days, songs with words have always resulted. Not that I know what all the words will be yet- that's the hard part. But I think we're in for some refreshing changes 'round these parts in the next few weeks, and I'm not just talking about November 4th. You'll see. With some things you never can tell.

No comments: