Thursday, July 10, 2008

Taking The Good With The Bad

Show #2 in LA went pretty well. Technological demons had my number that night, unfortunately, and all of my MIDI manipulations suffered from a half-second delay to audio. Reason unknown. "Rocking the laptop" is a hell of a lot harder when you have to anticipate what's coming up in seconds instead of beats, and so rock I pretty much did not. I at least managed to keep things going, and people didn't seem to know the difference in the end, though I don't know whether to feel relieved or perturbed by that. Either way, things went along and Vibrasol tore down the house with their set. AND it sounds like I'll be back in September for the next one! Some bigger ideas brewing for that one...

In other, shittier news, my beloved Prius was hit-and-run'd by someone (still anonymous due to slow police reporting but we have your license plate number, bitch!) on June 26th, and I only just today learned that it'll be repairable, albeit at a cost of almost $12k to my insurance company. Bad luck, but I'm tired of thinking about it so I'll leave it at that.

Thankfully I'm able to end this post with something a little more upbeat:

http://legendmag.net/#id=issue21&num=9

Check the "We Heard" column, third from the left... big things indeed.

Over and out.

5 comments:

Sowmya said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey, where's that HiFi capture? Would love to see some of the perormance with Vibrasol, as well. Any YouTube links, or such?

John Brian said...

Sorry for the delay on footage- the other technical snafus of the evening included some camera trouble, though it's yet to be seen if it ended up killing the direct audio feed or not. I'll find out from camera man / DP Michael ASAP.

D. said...

That's awesome about the writeup! Do you know how they heard about your stuff?

John Brian said...

I dropped a few last minute "EPs" around the World of Drum 'n Bass a few months ago, and the Creative Director of Legend ended up grabbing one. Pure dumb luck.